Do you have a passion for construction and the housing sector? Are you resourceful and innovative in your approach to work and life? Then The Relocatable Home Co. may be for you! Check out our current job opportunities listed below.
We are a company focused on environmental sustainability and building better communities, through making sure pre-loved houses can have a second life in a new location. At The Relocatable Home Co. we buy and sell pre-loved houses and assist the new owners to move these homes to their new location. We are looking for a drafty to join our design team. The work is exciting and varied. No two sites are the same and no two houses are the same. We have a great drafting team based in both Mt Maunganui and Auckland and if this industry sounds exciting to you, we’d love to hear from you.
You will need to have the following skills
- A National Diploma in Architectural Technology or BArch
- Solid knowledge of the NZ Building Code and NZS 3604:2011
- Over five years’ experience preferably in residential
- Experience with Archicad
- Experience in dealing with customers, suppliers and stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Experience in researching and interpreting planning rules across Councils
- Ability to read and interpret professional reports and translate these accurately into compliant plans and consent applications
- Excellent time management
- Ability to work under pressure
- Willingness to learn and develop in the role
- A sense of fun
You will be rewarded with a commitment to ongoing learning and development and an attractive remuneration package.
You must be able to live and work in New Zealand so please don’t apply if you don’t have the proper visa.
Cover letters tell us a lot about you, your attention to detail and ability to properly understand what we are looking for and what you can offer, so please send us a good one.
We’ll be in touch if you have made it to the short-list. If you do not hear from us, we wish you all the best in your job search.